Saturday, September 16, 2017

Week 37 Review: Ransom My Heart

From Goodreads:
He's a tall, handsome knight with a secret. She's an adventurous beauty with more than a few secrets of her own. Finnula needs money for her sister's dowry, and fast. Hugo Fitzstephen, returning home to England from the Crusades with saddlebags of jewels, has money, and lots of it. What could be simpler than to kidnap him and hold him for ransom?

Well, for starters, Finnula could make the terrible mistake of falling in love with her hostage.

My first review of Ransom My Heart
My Review:
Oh, wow, I just loved reading this book again! I've read it a few times now, and it's always a lot of fun! From her reasons for kidnapping him, to the actual process of kidnapping him, this book was just hilarious!

The wit and banter, and the just spectacularly funny situations that these characters got into, I can't talk enough about them! It's a main part of this book, plus the growing romance, and the mystery. I'ts been a while, so I'd forgotten bits and pieces, so it was great to see everything come together!

Being in these characters heads again was awesome. While Finn kept her marriage to Hugo's dad a secret from even us readers until she arrives home, there were hints in that first half about it. And then there was the mystery of who was trying to kill Hugo, which was interesting!

Hugo was a bit stubborn. When he threw her leathers into the fire, that was a pretty awful thing to do, because it was a piece of the woman that he loved. And it set them both up for what happened. But he learned from his mistake, and there was that wonderful ending with everything wrapped up nicely! I just wish we could've had more of an ending, because Hugo with the people he was with in the Holy Lands, that's interesting! There could be a whole 'nother book about that! That would be fantastic!

I loved this book, and I kinda still wish that we could have a sequel, or a companion book, because these characters are so rich and amazing to read about!

Author: Mia Thermopolis AKA Meg Cabot
First Read: July 2009
Second Read: July 9th, 2013
Read: September 15th, 2017
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Historical Fiction 2017 Book and a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Published: January 6th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!