Saturday, December 2, 2017

Week 48 Review: Perfect Victim

From Goodreads:
Fifteen years ago, hit man Tyrone Cypher disappeared into the wilderness. Now he's back with a job for his old "friend" Jack. While Jack doesn't consider Cypher much of a friend, the job is ideal for Nadia.

There's a killer in Honolulu, targeting those involved in the family court system. When no one else would take one victim's cases, lawyer Angela Kamaka did, putting herself squarely in the killer's cross-sights.

For Nadia, Angela is the perfect victim—an innocent person in danger for doing the right thing. So Nadia and Jack get an all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii courtesy of Tyrone Cypher, who has his own reasons for wanting to keep Angela safe.

My Review:
Oh, yeah! I was so excited for this book, I just absolutely love Nadia and Jack, and to have more time to spend with them was just the best! And that they were in Hawaii, and I read it while my parents were in Hawaii, well, that was just icing on the cake!

One question I have is, how does this fit into with the Casey Duncan series timeline? Because if Cypher is basically isolated, then how could he come down and do all this? I don't remember what we were told in A Darkness Absolute, so maybe after he'd been in Rockton for a while, he came back, and then after this, he went back up? I don't know and I don't know if I should know!

The mystery in this book was really fantastic! There was the whole, why was Cypher getting them to do this, then there was the various deaths. I loved how they found a bad guy, relaxed, but both separately, without talking to each other, knew that it wasn't over yet!

There were a number of twists, and they just got my pulse racing faster and faster! Who the bad guy was, was unexpected, and how Nadia dealt with things was just awesome! Really enjoyed that ending, it was satisfying!

Loved reading this novel, and I really hope we get more of Nadia and Jack, they're just incredible together!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Nadia Stafford #3.6
Read: November 26th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I absolutely love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Traverse Press
Published: November 1st 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!