Saturday, February 3, 2018

Week 5 Review: Dark in Death

From Goodreads:
There's always a reason for murder. But when a young actress is killed in a swift and violent attack at a cinema screening, that reason is hard to fathom - even for Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her team. 

It's only when bestselling crime writer Blaine DeLano arrives at the precinct that the shocking truth is revealed. Someone is recreating the murder scenes from her latest series, book by book. With six more novels left in the series, Eve now knows how the killer will strike next. But why has DeLano been targeted? Could her abusive husband be involved?

As fiction is transformed into bloody reality, Eve will need all her skill and experience to solve this unique case. Luckily for her, husband Roarke happens to be a fan of DeLano's work. And he's more than happy to work side by side with his gorgeous and brilliant wife - no matter how dark things become... 

My Review:
Yeah, another book in this series! I think this is the longest adult series that I've read, and comes close to one or two of the kids series that I've read. I mean, 46? And it's not done yet? Yeah, that's a lot, and I was so glad to spend more time with these characters!

To kill based on a book series, yeah, it's been done before, like the pilot episode of Castle. It gave a different way for Eve to investigate the case-read the books, and know the rough sketches of what the next crime will be, and try to stop it from happening! So cool to read!

One thing that I really loved, was that there was follow through on the bet from the previous book. Roarke bought, and put into Eve's name, a property in basically the middle of nowhere, and is going to prove his point, I believe? I'm hazy on the details from the previous book, but he did it, and that was just so great!

Another great thing was that Eve and Roarke, because of the case, spend time in the library, which was so stinking cool! I wish I could have their library, and their world, because it's way more convenient then ours!

DeLano's ex was pretty darned awful. I'm glad that he wasn't the killer, but man, was he not a nice person, someone who was very controlling and dismissive of the opposite sex. And he was teaching his son how to do it, too. That was just a bad situation! Glad that DeLano got out! Wish that his new wife would, too, and get their son away, so maybe he could grow up and not be like his dad!

Honestly, I could see a lot of myself in the bad guy. I try to be polite, I love books, though my focus is more on reading then writing, though I did write for a bit. But she had delusions that I really hope that I don't.

Such a freaking great book, and I can't wait for the next book!

Author: J.D. Robb
Series: In Death #46
Read: January 30th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a 2018 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: January 30th, 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!