Saturday, May 5, 2018

Week 18 Review: A Court of Frost and Starlight

From Goodreads:
The Winter Solstice. In a week. I was still new enough to being High Lady that I had no idea what my formal role was to be. If we'd have a High Priestess do some odious ceremony, as lanthe had done the year before. A year. Gods, nearly a year since Rhys had called in his bargain, desperate to get me away from the poison of the Spring Court to save me from my despair. Had he been only a minute later, the Mother knew what would have happened. Where I'd now be. Snow swirled and eddied in the garden, catching in the brown fibers of the burlap covering the shrubs My mate who had worked so hard and so selflessly, all without hope that I would ever be with him We had both fought for that love, bled for it. Rhys had died for it. 

My Review:
Oh, wow, I just really enjoyed reading this book! I mean, A Court of Wings and Ruin was one of my most anticipated book of 2017, and to have this book to follow it, to see how our favourite characters are doing, yeah, that was really great!

These characters are scarred. There's trauma from what they went through, the choices they made, the people they lost. Which is true to life. You go through a hard experience, and you'll be changed. It was still not too easy to read!

We were in more heads than just Feyre and Rhys, which was really awesome! There is so much potential for the future books that this books mentions a bit, but doesn't explore too deeply. That's what the next 3 books are for, I think! So excited!

Through this book, there was healing, like Feyre having the building and teaching art to the kids. That's just great, and I'm glad that she has something positive in her life ! She's earned some happiness after everything that's happened!

This book was so fantastic, and I enjoyed it, so, so, so much!

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1
Read: May 1st, 2018
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury YA
Published: May 1st 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!