Saturday, May 12, 2018

Week 19 Review: Joshua

From Goodreads:
For Joshua O'Connell, life in Craven was the picture of small-town perfection. 
Until Bryn Halbrook walked into his life. 

Though smitten from day one, he knew she was way out of his league. 
And then Joshua died. 

But that wasn't the end of it. 

JOSHUA is a view to what happened off camera during the Valkyrie Series. While Bryn went off on adventure after adventure, Joshua's story continued on its own trajectory. 

This novella is best read after reading the Valkyrie series as it contains spoilers and crossover scenes in which we get Joshua's POV and get a feel for what was going on in his mind and heart.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this book! The Valkyrie series is on of my favorites, and I was really excited to see things from Joshua's POV! I do wish that I'd reread the Valkyrie series, or at least book 1 before reading this book because then I would've had more details, but oh, well. The book was still awesome!

I really enjoyed the beginning of this book, because Joshua was alive, for one, and we got to see him and Bryn interacting. We got more details and it was interesting to see what Joshua was thinking, to see his side of things! And then he died. Bah!

While Bryn was off having adventures, Joshua was first recovering from dying, and then he was starting training to be a warrior. I really enjoyed this process, and I can't wait to see more! It was interesting to see scenes that we got in from both of them, and how they interpreted them differently. Plus see more of these fantastic characters, Aimee in particular!

What was one of the best scenes for me, was when Bryn comes to the room where all the future warriors are recovering, and Aidan lies his butt off. We know that he wasn't a really great guy, but I hadn't realized the extent of his lies until then!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: T.G. Ayer
Series: Valkyrie #6
Read: May 8th, 2018
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Published: March 27th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!